New to Yoga
New to yoga
Welcome to The Yoga Sanctuary, we are excited that you have chosen to begin your yoga journey. We understand that choosing your first yoga class can be daunting, so we want to make it as easy as possible for you to choose.
We offer beginner classes called, Absolute Beginners in both English and Spanish. We've designed a special curriculum to give you the confidence to join any Yoga Sanctuary Class on completion. With a variety of styles and approaches all under one roof, you'll find a style that suits you. If you're looking to increase flexibility, build strength or reduce pain, any class on this page is the place to begin.
If you have any questions, you can call, email or visit us.
Meet our friendly team, we'll show you around the center and introduce you to other students, this way there will be familiar faces when you come to your first class.
Yoga 101 get ready to take your first step onto a yoga mat, these are beginner classes - perfect if you are new to yoga. In every class you will learn a series of postures, one by one. We will break down into approachable segments where you will learn to explore breath, alignment and how to make shapes and move your body with ease.
The Wild Mind
Meditation classes allow you to explore your inner world. By observing the natural states and changes in our emotions you will learn valuable practices to help you self create the world of your choice. You will feel calm, present and centered.
Rest & Reset
Restorative yoga is a refuge from the fast pace of daily life. Rejuvenate your nervous system and cultivate balance from a busy lifestyle and intense exercise. During these classes your body will be gently supported by props, holding you in a restful, comfortable position. You will feel mentally recharged, rejuvenated and refreshed.
Aerial (in spanish)
Change your perspective
Aerial yoga classes are magical and exciting! Weightlessly explore and play from new perspectives. Guided and supported by silky fabric, this class is an indulgence. You will feel exhilarated, energized and inspired.
Note - Please remove all jewellery to protect the fabric
Sculpt and Sweat
HIIT Yoga combines High-Intensity Interval Training with Traditional yoga postures. Refine your four most important fitness modalities: cardio, core, strength, and mobility. You will work up to sweat, build long, strong muscle and stretch all in one class! You will feel empowered, strong and fit.
Prenatal Glow (in spanish)
Prenatal glow is a safe, mindful pregnancy yoga classes to create space in your body and prepare for the arrival of your little one. You will learn how to alleviate discomfort and connect to your baby.
Note: Suitable at 14 weeks +
Before Your Class
- You’ll need to use a yoga mat, we offer free mats for you to use, so you don’t need to rush out and buy one unless you want to! Having your own mat has the obvious hygiene benefits and may encourage you to practice what you have learned at home.
- Try to wear fitted, yoga-style clothing. This helps your teacher to assess your alignment in poses, especially your knees, hips and spine. Light layers are recommended to adjust for temperature changes during and after class.
- It is best not to eat a few hours before a class or have something very light.
- Bring a drink. We have a water fountain so you can fill up your bottle when you get here
- If you have any health concerns please consult your doctor prior to participating.
What to expect
- Be prepared to practice in bare feet, socks are welcome during relaxation and can be worn around the studios.
- You will be required to complete a short health questionnaire, just to help us look out for you.
- Please use good hygiene and avoid strong perfumes as we will do some breathing exercises at the beginning of class.
- Classes begin with a relaxing meditation to bring your mind into your body. You will move through a gentle warm up and then your teacher will show you a breakdown of different poses and help you do them. To finish you will rest in a deep relaxation pose to allow your body to integrate what it just learned.